Live Delivery Guaranteed! - Free Shipping!
The European Nightcrawler is the red wiggler's bigger, badder brother. These burly worms are tough and voracious. They are excellent for fish bait, and can be used in salt water, ice water, fresh water, and brackish water. Additionally, they are excellent composting worms, and can compost just as efficiently as red wigglers.
Here are some excellent red wiggler composting worm facts:
- 5000 Euro Nightcrawlers weighs about 10 pounds
- Euro Nightcrawlers average about 2-4 inches, and are almost as thick as a pencil.
- Euro nightcrawlers can tolerate temperatures as high as 90 degrees and as low as 32.
- Euro Nightcrawlers will eat and produce their own body weight per day (5000 euro nightcrawlers weighs roughly 10 pounds. So, 5000 euro nightcrawlers will eat and produce about 10 pounds of food scraps and compost per day)
- Peat moss is an excellent bedding material.
- Don't feed worms meat or dairy products
- Euro Nightcrawlers will double in population once every 3 months!
We know you want your crickets, red worms, or mealworms NOW, and we would prefer to get them to you NOW too. But until teleportation gets invented outside of science fiction, we're going to have to commit to these shipping sanctions:
Cricket Shipping Generals
- All crickets are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 days.
- Orders are only shipped Monday - Friday, to avoid weekend transit delays.
- Nature didn't prepare crickets for the postal service. So upon receiving your crickets, it is important to promptly introduce them into their new home, and offer them some apple or potato slices. This will help hydrate and nourish them.
- We can ship with FedEx, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accommodations at email@example.com.
Red Worm Shipping Generals
- All red worms (red wigglers and euro nightcrawlers), are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Red Worms orders are only shipped on Mondays and Wednesdays, to ensure live delivery.
- Red worms are packaged in peat moss. This will dehydrate the red worms, which will make them appear scrawny and lethargic after the transit. So promptly give them some water after you receive them.
- Same with the crickets, we can ship with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mealworm Shipping Generals
- All mealworms are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Mealworm orders are only shipped on Mondays through Fridays to ensure live delivery.
- Mealworms are packaged in bran. The bran acts as a food source for the mealworms. However, upon arrival, the mealworms will be dehydrated. So it is important to offer them some potato or apple slices when they arrive.
- Same with the crickets and red worms, we can ship the mealworms with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at email@example.com.
- Crickets, mealworms, and red worms are pretty hearty. But even they have limitations. So, to ensure that they get to you alive, we perform our due dilligence and keep a close eye on the weather. If our location, your location, or the transit route is experiencing temperatures below 25 degrees F or above 95 degrees F, we will postpone your cricket, red worms, or mealworms shipment until further notice.
- If you are in desperate need for the crickets, and need them shipped regardless, we will honor your request, but the LIVE Delivery Guarantee is no longer in affect.