Worm Factory 360 - FREE WORMS WITH PURCHASE
Americans throw away 34 million tons of food waste into landfills each year, more than any other type of waste (www.EPA.gov). While traditional backyard composting has its place, the process can take up to two years and rotating it can become a chore. Worm composting uses worms to do the work of breaking down waste and is more efficient and easier to manage than a traditional backyard compost pile. In addition, its compact design makes it perfect for use in any household.
Worm composting makes it easy to recycle kitchen scraps, paper waste and cardboard into nutrient-rich fertilizer for your plants, creating a more sustainable lifestyle by recycling and improving soil quality. The Worm Factory® 360 houses thousands of composting worms in a compact space. These worms work 24/7 to efficiently produce highly beneficial, rich compost packed with microbes and water soluble plant nutrients.
This eliminates all the work of traditional composting and yields a much more valuable end product. Worm compost has been proven to have ten times the nutrients of traditional backyard compost. The more nutrients that are available to your plants, the larger they grow and the more bountiful your harvest is. This system allows you to enjoy ORGANIC vegetables, fruits, and flowers grown with the help of your kitchen scraps.
At A Glance
The Worm Factory® 360 is simple to set up and operate. Managing your Worm Factory® 360 takes less than 15 minutes a week.
Included with each Worm Factory® 360 are a comprehensive instruction guide and DVD that make setup easy and give detailed tips on how to best manage your new Worm Factory® 360 year‐round.
Start with just the bottom tray and bedding material included.
Add 1lb of composting worms and start filling the tray with household waste. The worms will process and recycle the waste into fine compost full of nutrients. When the first tray is full, stack another on top. Each tray has a grid bottom, so worms migrate upward as new food is added.
As waste is broken down, moisture filters through the system, taking nutrient‐rich particles with it. This makes it possible to harvest organic liquid fertilizer right from the spigot.
Adding Food & Waste
Adding household waste to the Worm Factory 360 is easy; just open the lid and toss the food in. You can feed Fruits, vegetables, grains, paper, egg shells, leaves, coffee grounds and more can be fed to worms. Three foods to avoid are diary, meat, and citrus items; these can be harmful to the worms and are difficult to compost. Feed your worms about 50% food scraps and 50% fiber and paper. This creates the optimal environment for worms and finished compost. The goal is to recycle what you usually throw away by feeding it to worms.
Don’t worry about feeding your worms every day. Some people feed them a handful a week; some people feed them a handful a day. The general rule of thumb is worms can eat about half their weight in food per day. This means that if you start with 1 lb of worms, they can eat a half pound of food per day. Worms can survive up to two weeks without any additional food. Just feed them a bit extra before going on long vacations. In a healthy environment composting worms will maintain their population without over or under populating.
Odorless Year‐round Operation
Your waste production isn’t seasonal and your composting efforts shouldn’t be either! Composting is no longer limited to the warm months. The Worm Factory 360® can be used indoors or outdoors, allowing year round operation.
It is important to note that worms are living creatures, and cannot tolerate extreme temperatures. Keep the Worm Factory® 360 so that the bedding remains between 40 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, or where you would personally feel comfortable.
When managed correctly, the Worm Factory® 360 is odorless, making it the perfect composter for apartments, kitchens, condos, garages, porches and more! Because of its unique design, the Worm Factory® 360 allows oxygen to flow through the system, discouraging stinky garbage odors.
The Worm Factory® 360 is expandable vertically, allowing a high compost capacity while maintaining a very small footprint. When full, each tray weighs 12.5 pounds, making lifting and arranging trays effortless.
The Worm Composting Cycle
Your first tray will take about three months to become fully composted by the worms. After the first tray is composted the other trays can take as little as a month depending on the waste added. Once you harvest your finished compost from the bottom tray, you will have an empty tray to stack on top again.
The nutrient‐rich finished compost can be used in your garden, raised beds, container gardens, or on houseplants. Even if you’re not a gardener, the Worm Factory® 360 helps you reduce your impact and provides an alternative to throwing your waste into the landfill.
Worm compost not only adds vital nutrients to your soil, it also conditions the soil to hold water longer, prevent plant disease, and promote healthy root growth.
Take one step in the green direction with the Worm Factory® 360 and create a healthier, happier environment.
Worm Factory 360 Specifications
The Worm Factory 360’s compact design makes if perfect for use in any household indoors or outdoors and can hold thousands of composting worms at any given time. The composter has a small foot print of only 18 inches squared and will reach up to 28 inches tall when the trays are full of worm food and vermicompost. The Worm Factory 360 is made with HDPE recycled plastic
How the Worm Factory® 360 Worm Bin Works
The patented Worm Factory® 360 is easy to set up and use. Simply add a handful of worms and your organic waste to the bottom tray of the worm bin. The worms will start processing the food. Once the bottom tray is filled add another tray. The worms migrate upward to the newest food source leaving the bottom tray full of nutrient-rich compost. It is important to note that worms are living creatures, and cannot tolerate extreme temperatures. We recommend that you keep the Worm Factory® between 40 and 80 degrees.
“It’s a wonder using the Worm Factory to teach kids that most of what they have in life can be recycled.”
– Susan W., Poplar Road Elementary
“This product is a wonderful addition to anyone practicing organic gardening. The worm castings are easy to harvest and are a priceless addition to flower pots.”
– Gretchen Beedle, National Gardening Club
“Absolutely no smell or mess. I have mine in the kitchen! It’s great to have the worms at work all winter in NE New York, and not have to schelp the compost to the pile, awaiting the spring thaw. I love this product!”
– K. Kotarski, National Gardening Club
“I have had the product working for a couple of months now and love it. Based on design, ease of use and appearance, I have recommended this product to several fellow gardeners. I have always thought I did a good job recycling and composting, but this has raised that to a new level and I now use items such as newspaper and paper towels for my worms that would either been recycled or thrown in the trash. Coming up with food “recipes” is quite fun.”
– Sue Frazier
“Quick Tips” lid provides a handy reference when adding new material to the worm bin.
Made in the USA with high-quality recycled materials and includes a 5 year warranty.
Year Round production of compost when used indoors during the winter months.
Instructional DVD helps beginners get started quickly and easily with their worms.
Accessory Kit provides all of the tools you’ll need to make composting with worms quick and easy.
One Step assembly right out of the box for easy, quick setup.
Odorless operation when following provided instructions for indoor use.
Expandable multi-tray design gives the largest volume of any home worm bin.
The Worm Factory® 360 Worm Bin
Composting with worms allows you to turn kitchen scraps, paper waste and cardboard into nutrient-rich soil for your plants. The Worm Factory® 360 composting system makes the entire process quick and easy.
- Four stackable trays and base
- Comprehensive instructional booklet
- “Quick-Tips” lid
- Three piece accessory kit
- Complete bedding kit
- Instructional DVD
- Mineral rock dust
We know you want your crickets, red worms, or mealworms NOW, and we would prefer to get them to you NOW too. But until teleportation gets invented outside of science fiction, we're going to have to commit to these shipping sanctions:
Cricket Shipping Generals
- All crickets are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 days.
- Orders are only shipped Monday - Friday, to avoid weekend transit delays.
- Nature didn't prepare crickets for the postal service. So upon receiving your crickets, it is important to promptly introduce them into their new home, and offer them some apple or potato slices. This will help hydrate and nourish them.
- We can ship with FedEx, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accommodations at email@example.com.
Red Worm Shipping Generals
- All red worms (red wigglers and euro nightcrawlers), are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Red Worms orders are only shipped on Mondays and Wednesdays, to ensure live delivery.
- Red worms are packaged in peat moss. This will dehydrate the red worms, which will make them appear scrawny and lethargic after the transit. So promptly give them some water after you receive them.
- Same with the crickets, we can ship with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mealworm Shipping Generals
- All mealworms are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Mealworm orders are only shipped on Mondays through Fridays to ensure live delivery.
- Mealworms are packaged in bran. The bran acts as a food source for the mealworms. However, upon arrival, the mealworms will be dehydrated. So it is important to offer them some potato or apple slices when they arrive.
- Same with the crickets and red worms, we can ship the mealworms with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at email@example.com.
- Crickets, mealworms, and red worms are pretty hearty. But even they have limitations. So, to ensure that they get to you alive, we perform our due dilligence and keep a close eye on the weather. If our location, your location, or the transit route is experiencing temperatures below 25 degrees F or above 95 degrees F, we will postpone your cricket, red worms, or mealworms shipment until further notice.
- If you are in desperate need for the crickets, and need them shipped regardless, we will honor your request, but the LIVE Delivery Guarantee is no longer in affect.