Don't Buy Mealworms : Buy Crickets Online
When you're dealing with voracious geckos, dragons, or in some cases, humans, it's a saving grace knowing that you can buy crickets online.
You can buy millions of crickets online at our store. We are fully stocked, and can fulfill orders as little as 250, or as many as 100,000. And this may confuse you since you're looking to buy mealworms online. But don't be so set in your ways. Because believe it or not, mealworms should not be fed to bearded dragons.
And although we might be biased, but crickets are a superior pet feeder than mealworms. Mealworms have a lot of fat, which might be good for pets that need to gain weight. But it's not so good for pets that are overweight. And Crickets have a nice balance of fat, protein, and calcium.
But whether you're looking for pinhead crickets, or full 1" adults, we've got every size available.
Our crickets are of the Acheta domesticus variety, but are colloquially known as the "house cricket." And whether you order these crickets to feed one of your beloved pets, or to try and raise your own, here are a few pointers you'll want to keep in mind:
- Keep your crickets in a tall, plastic storage bin. If you're trying to breed them, then space is important. So consider a 14 gallon bin, for a colony of 500-1000. But if you're just trying to store them as feeder crickets, then a smaller bin will be fine.
- Make sure to cut holes in the lid for the container. The combination of cricket waste and dead crickets can create an unpleasant odor. So make sure you cut large holes, and place a screen over the hole.
- If breeding, use vermiculite as a bedding material.
- The best temperatures is 80 degrees F for an active colony of bulk crickets.
- Crickets need a lot of water. So be sure to provide a dish of water that is shallow enough that it won't drown them.
- And feed them good fruits and veggies. Whether you want to gut load them for personal use or for your pets, a healthy diet is the way to go.
- And never provide them with calcium supplements. A lot of other cricket vendors try to pass off calcium supplements as a beneficial dietary supplement for the crickets. But really, those supplements might as well be snake oil. Fresh fruit and vegetables will give the crickets all the nutrition they need to be healthy feeders for your beloved pet.
There are many other factors that need to be considered for your cricket colony. And whether you're trying to breed them, or keep them healthy for your lovable pet, feel free to reach out to us for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org