Superworms For Sale - Free Shipping
Superworms are one of the heartiest sources of pet food for your gecko or bearded dragon. They provide excellent protein and calcium. They're typically anywhere between 1 inch to 2 inches, about as thick as a #2 pencil. They're pretty active, and can grab the attention of any hungry pet. They're naturally large, and aren't given growth hormones. They're life span is about 1 year, from egg to beetle.
How To House Superworms
Firstly, DO NOT refrigerate the superworms. They cold will harm them. But housing superworms is similar to house crickets. A plastic container is adequate, as long as the walls are high enough so they cannot escape. Anything 5 inches or taller will be high enough to prevent an exodus. And they're preferred temperature range is 70 to 80 degrees F.
Wheat bran or oatmeal is an acceptable bedding material. They can consume this, and also live in it. And just as any living creature, they do require moisture. So dump in a carrot or slice of potato. The will acquire their moisture from these sources. And the superworms can live a few weeks in this set up.
Maintenance is fairly simple. Make sure they always have a moisture source. And keep an eye on their bedding material. The superworms will eat the bedding material, which is great. However, they excrete it into a sandy, fine dust. This is their poop. And just like anything, they can't live in it. So make sure you change it out periodically.
We know you want your crickets, red worms, or mealworms NOW, and we would prefer to get them to you NOW too. But until teleportation gets invented outside of science fiction, we're going to have to commit to these shipping sanctions:
Cricket Shipping Generals
- All crickets are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 days.
- Orders are only shipped Monday - Friday, to avoid weekend transit delays.
- Nature didn't prepare crickets for the postal service. So upon receiving your crickets, it is important to promptly introduce them into their new home, and offer them some apple or potato slices. This will help hydrate and nourish them.
- We can ship with FedEx, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Worm Shipping Generals
- All red worms (red wigglers and euro nightcrawlers), are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Red Worms orders are only shipped on Mondays and Wednesdays, to ensure live delivery.
- Red worms are packaged in peat moss. This will dehydrate the red worms, which will make them appear scrawny and lethargic after the transit. So promptly give them some water after you receive them.
- Same with the crickets, we can ship with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at email@example.com.
Mealworm Shipping Generals
- All mealworms are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Mealworm orders are only shipped on Mondays through Fridays to ensure live delivery.
- Mealworms are packaged in bran. The bran acts as a food source for the mealworms. However, upon arrival, the mealworms will be dehydrated. So it is important to offer them some potato or apple slices when they arrive.
- Same with the crickets and red worms, we can ship the mealworms with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crickets, mealworms, and red worms are pretty hearty. But even they have limitations. So, to ensure that they get to you alive, we perform our due dilligence and keep a close eye on the weather. If our location, your location, or the transit route is experiencing temperatures below 25 degrees F or above 95 degrees F, we will postpone your cricket, red worms, or mealworms shipment until further notice.
- If you are in desperate need for the crickets, and need them shipped regardless, we will honor your request, but the LIVE Delivery Guarantee is no longer in affect.