Black soldier fly larvae are some of the most beneficial, and protein-rich snacks you can offer any of your beloved pets. Whether using them for a snack, or relying on them as a main cuisine, they will remain a staple in your pets' diet. And that's why we have black soldier fly larvae for sale, so that you can maintain your pet's happiness and health.
How To Care for Black Soldier Fly Larvae
The care and maintenance is rather simple. First, after you receive them in the mail, allow them to sit at room temperature. You do not need to feed or water them. The larvae stage is part of the metamorphosis life cycle, And the larvae stage can remain dormant, so that they do not morph into the next stage. The benefit of this is that you can save them for your pet.
However, if you plan on using them after 2 weeks, then it is recommended to store them in 50 degree F temperatures. Temperatures that low will retard the cycle, preventing them from morphing into their next stage.
But as long as you keep them in their container, and at room temperature, and use them within 2 weeks, you won't need to worry about them morphing into the fly.
It is recommended that you rinse off your soldier fly larvae prior to feeding them to your pet.
Black Soldier Fly Larvae are also referred to as phoenix worms, reptworms, or calciworms. They offer an excellent amount of calcium for your beloved pets. But they're also renowned in the compost worms, as they serve as excellent composters.
We know you want your crickets, red worms, or mealworms NOW, and we would prefer to get them to you NOW too. But until teleportation gets invented outside of science fiction, we're going to have to commit to these shipping sanctions:
Cricket Shipping Generals
- All crickets are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 days.
- Orders are only shipped Monday - Friday, to avoid weekend transit delays.
- Nature didn't prepare crickets for the postal service. So upon receiving your crickets, it is important to promptly introduce them into their new home, and offer them some apple or potato slices. This will help hydrate and nourish them.
- We can ship with FedEx, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accommodations at email@example.com.
Red Worm Shipping Generals
- All red worms (red wigglers and euro nightcrawlers), are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Red Worms orders are only shipped on Mondays and Wednesdays, to ensure live delivery.
- Red worms are packaged in peat moss. This will dehydrate the red worms, which will make them appear scrawny and lethargic after the transit. So promptly give them some water after you receive them.
- Same with the crickets, we can ship with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mealworm Shipping Generals
- All mealworms are shipped with USPS Priority Mail, which will arrive in about 2-3 business days.
- Mealworm orders are only shipped on Mondays through Fridays to ensure live delivery.
- Mealworms are packaged in bran. The bran acts as a food source for the mealworms. However, upon arrival, the mealworms will be dehydrated. So it is important to offer them some potato or apple slices when they arrive.
- Same with the crickets and red worms, we can ship the mealworms with FedEx or UPS, but it may incur additional fees. Please contact us for these accomodations at email@example.com.
- Crickets, mealworms, and red worms are pretty hearty. But even they have limitations. So, to ensure that they get to you alive, we perform our due dilligence and keep a close eye on the weather. If our location, your location, or the transit route is experiencing temperatures below 25 degrees F or above 95 degrees F, we will postpone your cricket, red worms, or mealworms shipment until further notice.
- If you are in desperate need for the crickets, and need them shipped regardless, we will honor your request, but the LIVE Delivery Guarantee is no longer in affect.